FINALLY put my pressure cooker to use! I don’t know why it has taken me this long because this invention is such a GAME👏🏼 CHANGER👏🏼 for everyone who DOESN’T have time to make these elaborate meals. The part that felt like the longest was chopping up the veggies! So if you are on a time crunch buy them pre-chopped or chop them on Sunday to have them prepped for the week! For those of you that don’t have a pressure cooker- a crock pot works well too!
The pressure cooker I use doubles as an air fryer as well! WIN WIN! Linking it here: NINJA PRESSURE COOKER/AIR FRYER *it’s 15% off today!🙌🏼
Onto the soup… ☔️I made this on a gloomy day because it was perfect soup weather! Aidan’s favorite soup is Italian Wedding so I decided to give it a shot and make it homemade! Oh my goodness, let me tell you we were both in shock. I’m not sure if it was the pressure cooker or what but it was THE BEST SOUP EVER! So naturally, we just had to share with you all! Hope you all enjoy!✨
1lb ground turkey
1/2 c Trader Joe’s Japanese Style Panko Breadcrumbs
1/2 c Trader Joe’s cojita cheese or parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/4 c diced yellow onion (about 3/4 of an onion)
1 1/4 c chopped celery
1.5 c chopped carrots
4 tsp of garlic (or 4 frzn garlic cubes from Trader Joe’s)
8 c chicken broth (I use Nature’s Promise)
4 c dark leafy greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard) I used kale
1/4 c fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
S & P to taste
Secret Ingredient: Rind from parmesan cheese!
- Meatballs first. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the DRY ingredients first (everything minus the ground turkey/egg/oil). Once mixed, add WET (ground turkey, egg, avo oil) ingredients to mixture. Roll final mixture into mini meatballs & place on baking sheet! Bake for 25-30mins flipping halfway through!
- While the meatballs are baking- heat the olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, red chili flakes, and S&P in pressure cooker (I used “saute” option) for about 5-7mins.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley, kale, oregano, meatballs, and rind of parmesan!
- Pressure cook according to your device! Mine took ~15mins
- Remove parm rind. Mix and enjoy! That’s it!
*If you don’t have a pressure cooker/crock pot you can also use a large soup pot! Make meatballs according to instructions above. Heat olive oil- add onion, celery, carrots, red chili flakes, garlic, and S&P. Saute until softened. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and rind of parm, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add parsley, oregano, and leafy greens. Stir until wilted. Add cooked meatballs. Remove rind. Enjoy!
Until next time!✨