I’m about to give you guys the 411 on collagen peptides because I know you all want to know why I have been so hype on this product. So, let’s hit the basics.
What is collagen and why do you post about it 943958x times a day?!
Well guys collagen is the MOST abundant protein in the human body. It helps give structure to our hair, skin, nails, bones, ligaments, & tendons. So although we are born with an abundance of collagen in our skin, our body’s production slows greatly in our 20’s which leads to wrinkles, saggy skin, weak bones, and stiff joints!!! I am a twenty something year old and when I researched about this it freaked me out!
Sooo the fun part.. What are the endless benefits of CP!?
1. Healthy muscles! Collagen peptides = protein (18 amino acids and 8 of the 9 essential amino acids to be exact!) Helps maintain lean body mass, aids in muscle repair/recovery, & injury prevention!
2. Hair, Skin, & Nails! Skip the biotin ladies! CP helps reduce wrinkles, increases skin elasticity, hides cellulite and helps support stronger hair, nails, & teeth! I’ve noticed my skin become more glowy and hydrated since drinking CP!
3. GUT HEALTH! Probably my favorite part. I started getting really into drinking kombucha for its digestive health properties but drinking CP and getting all of these benefits has made me drink less kombucha (don’t get me wrong I still love it, but in moderation because kombucha has a lot of sugar in it whereas CP has zero added sugar). So back to CP- it helps reduce gut inflammation & aids in digestion. A lot of studies have showed that the amino acids in CP help repair intestinal lining too!
4. Increased Fullness! CP keeps you feeling full longer helping to prevent cravings
5. Healthy joints! Helps reduce joint pain & stiffness!
Which kind of CP should you get!?
So I first tried Vital Proteins Collagen Powder since it seemed like a very popular brand. Long story short.. GUYS, I HATED IT! I mixed it with water and lemon and it kept getting clumpy at the bottom and the after taste was SO GROSS, something no one should ever taste it was just WRONG. I had friends suggest mixing it in coffee or smoothies but I don’t drink those drinks daily. I’m a huge lemon water drinker. I was pretty over trying any other kind because I was so traumatized but a friend had suggested the brand Further Food. So I gave it one last chance. End result… LIFE CHANGING!!! The brand really sticks to their motto of being tasteless & odorless. It also dissolves super quick! I add it to everything now, from my lemon water to my choc chip banana bread! You really can’t smell/taste it! It is totally affordable too. (You can get it off furtherfood.com and use my promo code Jasmine10 for a discount!)
*Also here’s the link to my favorite on-the-go cup! I got it off amazon! I recently got one for my roommate and she loves it just as much as I do. It’s suuuper cute and comes in a bunch of colors 🙂